Do you know muffins can be made from ICE CREAMS?
The main ingredients of ice cream are eggs, sugar, and some kind of fat. So by adding some flour into ice cream "batter", we are all set making muffins at their simplest.
Use a tablespoon to measure the ice cream if you don't have an ice cream scoop.
This recipe makes 6-8 muffins.
Recipes extracted from Eating & Cheating by Gill Holcombe (Hodder & Stoughton)
1. 6 scoops of ice cream
2. 6 tbsp self raising flour
3. Sugar sprinkles (optional)
1. Put the right amount of ice cream in a mixing bowl and leave to soften.
2. Meanwhile preheat the oven 190 degree Celsius, and put paper muffin cases on a baking tray.
3. Beat the ice cream with a wooden spoon until it's really soft and runny, then sift in the flour and stir enough to mix it in.
4. Spoon the mixture into muffin cases, top with sugar sprinkles (if used), and then bake for 10-12 minutes until the cakes risen and golden.
Preserving Summer's Last Bounty of Tomatoes
16 hours ago