Sunday, May 30, 2010
Coz the pastry is by far the easiest to make. No need rolling, just press to the pie mould. Yes, Just PRESS...
I got to know her technique while i was watching her programme at
To know her more, visit http://www.lauracalder.caSo here goes:
Apple Cream Tart
8ounces Softened Cream Cheese
3 Apples (peeled and thinly sliced)
1.4cup Slivered Almonds or Chopped Walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
2. Make the crust, cream the butter and sugar.
3. Stir in the vanilla. Mix in the flour to make a smooth dough.
4. Press into the bottom of an 8inch/20cm spring-form pan, giving it about an inch/2.5cm rim.
5. Bake for about 15minutes until golden.
6. Remove from the oven.
1. Beat all the ingredients for the cream filling together until smooth.
2. Make the topping by tossing the apple slices with the cinnamon, sugar and nuts.
3. Remove the tart shell from the oven. Spread over the cream mixture.
1. Arrange the apple slices oon top, then scatter over the nuts.
2. bake until apples are tender and golden about 40minutes
You may google around for the tart illustrations.
Friday, May 21, 2010
(Marble Cake design with a twist, try this with Wilton's Checkerboard Cake Set)
The 2-day medical leave has been therapeutic, and I had this constant craving for a A&W's Coney Dog.
I know, this blog has nothing to do with Marble Cake or what, but somehow, i just wanna let it out, and day dream...