1. Craft knife
2. Small Rolling pin
3. Non stick mat
4. Ruler (not in picture)
5. Sugar paste/ Fondant (picture follows)
6. Shortening (not in picture)
Optional (not in picture):
1. Gum paste
2. food coloring paste
1. Mix Sugar paste & Gum Paste together (ratio 1:1), otherwise 100% Sugar paste can still do a good job.
2. Knead the dough till smooth. You may use abit of shortening so that you can roll easily.
3. At this point, you may add in food coloring if you want, otherwise white would suffice.
5. Roll the dough till about 1/8" thick using rolling pin on the non stick mat. Use shortening to prevent stickiness while you roll the fondant on top.
7. Roll the strips.
Below is a cake design that uses Sugar Ribbon Roses to decorate a 3 tier wedding cake.
I found this example at www.wilton.com
The name of this cake is Romantic Roses Cake.
You can email me at email@example.com now to order or to ask more about the tutorial. I am more than happy to guide you.
Thanks for viewing.