Thursday, August 19, 2010
Basic Sugar Cookies (Peggy Porschen's Pretty Party Cakes)
Makes about 25 medium size cookies
200gm unsalted soft butter
200gm caster sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
400gm plain flour, more for dusting
1. Cream butter and sugar until well mixed and creamy in texture.
2. Do not overwork or the cookies will spread during baking.
3. Beat in egg.
4. Beat low speed until a dough forms.
5. Place the dough on a floured surface and knead briefly.
6. Using two 1/4 inch (5mm) guide sticks, roll out an even thickness.
7. Use desired cookie cutters to cut and lay out on greaseproof paper.
8. Chill again for about 30 minutes. Preheat the over 180C.
9. Bake for 8-12 minutes, depending on size, until golden brown at the edges.
10. Let cool on wire rack.