Here is also another recipe when i was reading Cakes & Sugarcraft Magazine, Autumn 2010.
Makes 12-15 large cupcakes, adapted from Cakes & Sugarcraft Magazine, Autumn 2010, Children's Seaside Project
115gm (4oz) margarine
115gm (4oz) caster sugar
2 large eggs
115gm (4oz) self raising flour
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius.
2. Allow the margarine to soften, then place into the mixing bowl with the sugar, beat with a wooden spoon until the mixture is light and fluffy.
3. Beat the eggs with a fork, then gradually add them to the mixture, beating consistently to prevent the mixture from curdling. Once all of the eggs has been added, add the vanilla essence.
4. Sift the flour over the mixture and fold in gently with a metal spoon, making sure all of the flour is combined without knocking the air out of the mixture.
5. Place mixture into cupcake case until they are 3/4 full.
6. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes. When the cakes are golden and firm to the touch, carefully remove from the oven, and leave it to cool.
The Philadelphia Antiques & Art Show
1 day ago