Recipes

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

BLACK RIBBON w/h SILVER LINING on WHITE CAKE

I challeged myself to cover the cake. Was really excited about it. I expected it to be of smooth finishing with no breakage.

It turned out well, without breakage at all four corners, and ended up with some 'orange skin" effect.

"Orange skin" effect were much more pronounced especially today, as i think the weather might have contributed to it.

Tied the cake with a beautiful satin black ribbon with silver lining.




I liked it because of its color combination and different texture. Its sort of like simplicity and elegance all roll into one piece of art.

As i was making this, the word "fashion" comes to mind. Chanel especially.

If i ever show this piece to my friends, and ask for comments, they probably roll their eyes, and like "what"? Might be way-too-simple to them.

"Why want to complicate things?"

Below is the dressed up cake I did few days ago.

Enjoy

No comments: